The June 2022 issue of Ye Olde Magic Mag (Vol. 8 issue 3) is out! The PDF and printed edition of the best-loved magazine on Magic History and Magic Collecting contains your quarterly collection of information on your passion!
In this issue:
- Argentinean collector Martin Pacheco reveals the career of Prof Notis, the first card magician in Argentina and a magician admired by Dai Vernon
- Pietro Micheli has discovered some interesting information in Italian archives, which he shares with us in A certificate for Grassi
- Three reports from as many historians/collectors about conferences and history events:
- Kent Blackmore on How’s Tricks in Australia
- Kobe Van Herwgen on Historie van de Magie in Belgium
- Steve Beam on The Magic Collectors’ Expo in the USA
- More books on magic history and collecting have been published recently, and four are reviewed in this issue: The Jack Huges Ultimate World of Magic by Chris Cross; the journal Arcana Naturae 2; Carley E. Evans’s Burning the Red Candle and Charles Greene’s Ionia recent book.
- What important or unusual magic items have gone under the hammer in the last quarter? Discover them in our regular column Auction Action, the only resource to record magic auctions
- Our belowed column on Chewing the (Magic) Fat is again here, reporting on a girl who had Houdini as a guardian
- … and more!
This 60 pages issue contains more than 20,000 words and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 125 SIGNED AND HAND-NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.