Hypnosis has always been a fascinating subject for me. I loved seeing what was possible to do with a hypnotized person. However, given the complexity of the subject, my interest in it has diminished over the years. At the very moment when I had in my hands this set of 4 DVDs by Anthony Jacquin, entitled “The Manchurian Approach”, in addition to his wonderful book “Reality Is Plastic”, everything changed. @hhaddict
The reality is really “plastic”, and with these DVDs you will have the proof. Just learn the techniques explained, and you will be able to hypnotize anyone, at any time. You got it right! Jacquin’s method puts aside everything that revolves around hypnotism, preserving only what it actually is needed to hypnotize. You will not find any historical note (some of them are in the book, but only a few), or theories concerning the subject, but only the pure practice. Do not be frightened (as I did) by the vastness of the subject.
Of course, if your interest is hypnotherapy then it is necessary to go deeper into this field, but if your interest is the performance of the impromptu hypnosis you cannot find anything better than these DVDs. The techniques are effective and simple to learn, but is required a certain behavior in order to make everything work perfectly. With these DVDs you will learn the best techniques for hypnotizing, and advice on actions that can be taken by the spectators once they are hypnotized.
For example, you can:
– “Glue” the feet of the spectators to the floor, so that once they open their eyes they will not be able to move them.
– Make them perform any action, making them “dancers and improvised singers”.
– “Change” their name.
– Make them forget who they are and where they are.
And so on… Once you have mastered hypnosis you will also be able to change the reality of the spectators, for example you can:
– Become “invisible” at their eyes.
– Give them pieces of paper that they will see as “banknotes”.
– “Become” the actor they love, and that they will see instead of the hypnotist.
And much more…
In the end Jacquin shows how it is possible to perform incredible magic and mentalism effects with the hypnosis.
For example it will be possible to:
– Tell the spectator to think of any card, and the card designed will be the one chosen by the hypnotist.
– Have the spectator close a padlock with a code, which will then be “mind-readed” by the hypnotist.
– Fold coins into the hands of the public.
– Read every thought they have.
– Reveal the number of their ATMs.
And so on…
Personally, I don’t use hypnosis combined with magic, for the fact that it happens in the mind of the hypnotized spectator, but not in the mind of the public, thus resulting in an effect that only the spectator will be able to see. The only field in which it would be useful to hypnotize is the pre-show, and then it would have a devastating power.
The price of the DVD is not low (around 80 €), but considering that a course of hypnotism costs much, much more, and considering that this DVD will be the only thing you need to be able to hypnotize everyone, I would say that it is mandatory to take it. Moreover as I said before you can buy his book “Reality is Plastic: The art of impromptu hypnosis” at a lower price (20€ in digital format), which contains all the teachings of the DVD, except the part of the hypnotic application in the “magic” field.
If you can, my advice is to take both of them, as the book will clarify many topics and will be useful to quickly summarize techniques and scripts (a sort of hypnotism handbook), while the DVD will show you the right attitude to use.